As I am writing this it is pouring rain outside. The people here fear the rain because they think that it causes malaria.
Everything has been going really good here on our end. God is so amazing and faithful to help us when we feel completely inadequate. I feel that He works best when we feel the most inadequate.
Two new volunteers came to join us in ministry. They are really nice and friendly. I love them already. :) Their names are Jessica and Jon. They are our age. Last night the rats were running all over our room. One ran across Jessica in her bed! So the three of us slept together in Sarah's and my bed. It was cozy. :) It is so great to have them with us!
A couple of days ago we did a lot of counseling with some of the children. I was almost brought to tears knowing what some of them have been through. Jesus spoke through me when I had no words. I thank Him for that. They would ask me why there parents have died. Three of the girls just lost their dad. He drowned while he was working as a fisherman. They told me that almost every night they have horrible dreams of their dad drowning and them falling into the water. Another girl wants to be a nurse but can't afford schooling. She needs money for next term which equals about $6 US dollars. I prayed with her and told her that God is the Father to the fatherless and that He cares about everything that she is going through. I also told her that Jesus asks us not to worry and to cast our cares upon Him. When we were done praying she was crying but somehow she seemed relieved. I pray that the Lord brought comfort to her broken heart.
I am falling in love with the precious people here in Uganda. They are constantly amazing me with their kindness and hospitality.
Sorry that I can't write long. I'll try to write more later. :)
Much love,
Laura
1 comment:
Great detail about your experiences in Uganda. I love the pictures too. Thanks to you I am able to get a better idea of Jonathan's experience.
Post a Comment